On 25th May 2018 the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) replaced the Data Protection Act.
The purpose of this policy is to describe how and why Gilson Engineering (Newbury) Ltd collects, stores and processes the information you provide to us when we communicate.
Why we collect data
We use the information you provide to enable us to trade with you – making collections and deliveries, storing items, running our accounts department and occasionally sending rates, marketing or fundraising emails or letters. This enables us to offer you an efficient service and comply with all legal requirements.
How we collect data
We collect information via a credit account application form, or from emails or letters from suppliers. We also occasionally make notes from any relevant telephone calls, for example when making verbal quotations.
What data we collect
We may hold the following information:
- Company names
- Company addresses, telephone and fax numbers and general email addresses
- Operational and accounts contact names, telephone and fax numbers and email addresses
- Information supplied to make collections or deliveries, or store items in our warehouses.
- Company trading information such as VAT number and bank account details, and trade references
- Information supplied regarding insurance, legal matters, regulatory bodies or law enforcement – only as required by law.
Who has access to this data
Maintaining the security of your information is very important to us. All computerised data is password protected and all electronic equipment is running security software. Hard copies of documents are retained in secure storage areas and are destroyed on request (within legal requirements) or after a maximum of 7 years. Only authorised employees have access to your data.
We may also disclose aspects of your data to the following:
- Collection and delivery details to subcontractors
- Authorised IT providers
- Authorised credit checking facilities
- Insurers, in the event of an incident or claim
- Regulatory bodies, such as government departments
- Legal services
- Law enforcement agencies
Please be aware that disclosure will only be made within statutory guidelines.
Controlling your data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Reply to any email stating that the personal information contained therein should not be used for marketing or fundraising emails or letters.
- If you wish to revoke consent for this, you may do so at any time - please email email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your written permission to do so, or we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at this address:
Gilson Engineering (Newbury) Ltd
Unit J, Venture House
Berks. RG14 5SH
We reserve the right to charge a small fee for this, in line with GDPR.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible (contact details above), and we will make any amendments required.
In the event of a complaint
If you ever have cause for concern regarding the processing of your personal information, you are entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
You can call on 0303 123 1113, or contact them via email - https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or write to them at their address:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF